How do YOU eat a Cupcake?

Two weeks ago, we posted a poll on this blog asking how do people eat cupcakes.

Here are the results:

A majority of you eat them the "traditional way", frosting and cake together. (56%)
Some of you like to tear in half and the eat frosting first.(3%)
On the flip side, some like to tear in half and eat cake first.(18%)
Some eat a cupcake like a sandwich with frosting in the middle.(4%)
Frosting lovers lick off all the frosting, then eat the cake. (9%)
A few eat cupcakes daintily like they are having High Tea with a fork and knife. (2%)
Lastly, some eat cupcakes kinda like Cookie Monster or a competitive eater, as fast as they can! (4%)

Tell us how you eat a cupcake in the comments!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I use a fork to slice the cake and eat the cake with frosting.
Anna said…
I rarely eat a whole cupcake. I eat the top off (yay frosting!) and the filling if there is any. Then I feed the cake to my dog.
Anonymous said…
I take small bites of the icing together with the cake. If I'm outside, I'd prefer to use a fork. Once, someone from my family 'stole' my peanut butter frosting and spread it on bread and ate it! Haha.
Anonymous said…
When the frosting and the cake are equally good, I eat them like an apple.
If the frosting is too sweet, I only eat the cake part........
Gen said…
I lick the frosting off. But if I don't like the frosting then I scrape it off before I eat the cake.

Only 9%!!!
hikait said…
I tear the top off and eat the cake first, then I savour the frosting.
Sara D said…
I eat a cupcake like a sandwich with frosting in the middle (by tearing off the bottom & placing it on top). My best friend taught me to do this a few years ago & i LOVE it
Jo said…
Friosting is smaller in IReland, we haven't discovered hte joy of exuberent fristing here yet - and we call it icing. But it's coming.

So while I usually just eat them traditionally, I think I'd probably stick a finger in the frosting first, and have a lick, just to savour the treat to come that little bit more.
Anonymous said…
If I'm not in public, I usually eat the cake out from under the frosting and savor the frosting for as long as possible.

I love your blog. I've been having a lot of fun baking over the past few months, ever since I found some decent allergen-free-for-me recipes, cake in its various forms being at the top of the list.