What kind of cupcake are you? Betty Crocker cupcake contest

You can enter every day through April 30th to win $100 or $500 from Betty Crocker and find out what kind of cupcake you are - I was bold and spicy!

There are also recipes on their site - yes, they are cake mix recipes, but sometimes cake mix is the way to go. Which reminds me of a funny story: A friend just confessed to me that she prefers mixes and prepackaged frosting to homemade. She said it in such a hushed voice, like I might not like her anymore. Sometimes people do that when they tell me they don't like cupcakes. They always preface it with "I'm sorry." It's okay! More for me is my attitude.



Dreamy Cream-Filled Cupcakes



Chocolate cupcakes with penuche filling

Comments

Anonymous said…
hmm, somehow I'm a romantic cupcake...but I didn't win :(

by the way, I read this in my google reader, and I sometimes share these posts...my friends who read my shared posts get mad at me, because the pictures inevitable make them drool and crave cupcakes!
Anonymous said…
I can't remember what cupcake I was...Haha.

I just have to say that there is nothing wrong with using mix. There is a very successful woman on CakeCentral.com that only uses mix. I use box cake mixes, but I make my own frostings. I do bake cookies from scratch though. I like cake mixes because they ALWAYS turn out perfect, and a lot of people really don't know the difference in taste [I sift the mix before adding the other ingredients to improve texture though]. At my first wedding tasting, the woman turned to her fiance and said "I just love the homemade taste of this cake!". I didn't tell her I baked scratch, nor did I tell her it was a mix. She just loved the taste and assumed it was scratch!


Ambjer
Something Special Cakery
http://www.somethingspecialcakery.webs.com