I'm obsessed with Obsessed With Cupcakes


Rhonda from Obsessed With Cupcakes and Cupcakes Take the Cake's Rachel

I love meeting our readers, and was so thrilled when Rhonda from Obessed With Cupcakes contacted me. I just so happened to be in the Bay Area, and yesterday went out to Lafayette to meet up with her. Let me tell you - I have never had such a lovely, cupcake-filled greeting! She was there at the BART station to greet me along with her son and friend Nicole, with the signs below, has a cupcake decal on her car, and was wearing cupcake earrings! Then she treated me to so many cupcakes I was absolutely stuffed, not to mention her outrageously delicious candied apples. Photos via Obsessed With Cupcakes on Flickr



She made a white chocolate hi-hat cupcake with lemon cake that was simply to die for. The lemon cake was lemony but also really sweet and dense in a good way.



She also plied me with a chocolate/banana cupcake ("Banana Suzanna," the one with the raspberry on top pictured below) that was very yummy. And a tomato soup cupcake (really!). The white chocolate hi-hat was my hands-down favorite. We also tried some cupcakes from San Francisco bakery Miette, the meringue proving by far the favorite. More photos coming soon. If you're near Lafayette, California and would like to hire Rhonda, email her at obsessedwithcupcakes at comcast.net

Comments