Cupcakes from Sift Cupcakery, Cotati, California

Sift Cupcakery is a new cupcake bakery in Cotati, California (also home to Sunday's Mini-Meetup of the San Francisco Cupcakes Take the Cake Meetup).

Ross Lockhart of the blog Petaluma260 recently visited Sift and had this to say: (photos by Ross Lockhart)



We ended up picking up four cupcakes (at $2.75 each), the "Bugsy," a carrot cake cupcake with cream cheese frosting, an "Irish Car Bomb" (Guinness chocolate cake and Irish cream frosting - a tasteless name for a drink, all things considered, but a tasty cupcake), the "Ooh-La-La" (red velvet cake), and the hit of the bunch, a chocolate cupcake with peanut butter frosting that I've since forgotten the clever name for, thanks to the sugar coma I fell into shortly after we got home and sampled the lot. Great stuff all around, so I'm sure we'll be heading back to Sift soon (but not today, since they're closed for a bit of construction). After all, there's Limonata and Key Lime Bliss yet to be tried!

Comments

Sabrina Hall said…
These look so tasty! Look at the frosting! yummmmm
Anonymous said…
I went to Sift and bought a dozen cupcakes. Very cute place with a fun atmosphere. While the flavors are very creative to me the judge of a good bakery is a good vanilla cake and good buttercream. The white cake actually tasted like a mix or a supermarket bakery cupcake so I was disappointed. The buttercream was OK, my friends actually didn't like it. I thought it was pink vanilla but it did have some flavor I couldn't decipher.
Anonymous said…
How funny! I looked for this old post to add a comment since I visited Sift last week and see that someone beat me to it!

I also am convinced they use a mix for the vanilla because it tasted fake to me.

It is a very very cute store though.
Anonymous said…
I tried Sift for the first time today and loved it all!! The young women working there were very sweet & helpful (and they have a baker who comes in and, if memory serves, everything's made from scratch - to all you haters out there!), the decor is adorable - so fitting for a cupcakery, the cupcakes are all cutely decorated, with ample amounts of frosting and they taste delicious, fresh and moist, with just the right amount of sweetness! I am in love with the Banoffee, which is banana cake, caramel ganache filling and cream cheese frosting. Yum!
Anonymous said…
I bought six cupcakes. The SNOWBALL (coconut flavored) was excellent and we can't wait to have it again. However, the PINK CHAMPAGNE (red raspberry) tastes like BubbleYum and didn't taste the best. The chocolate one we tried was good, not great. We'll definitely be back to try other flavors, but the SNOWBALL is at the top of our list!