A visual lesson in piping a buttercream swirl

from natiscakes on YouTube

Comments

queenscook said…
The video is nice, but the end result looks nothing like the flower shown at the beginning of the video.
Heather said…
How can I get my hands on that tip? I have searched and searched and only found 1 place in Australia and they don't ship to the US. Perhaps I should make my own, although I don't know how :) ... any ideas???
Melissa said…
I would think you could achieve the same or similar look with a 1M tip. It's a big fat swirl type tip too. Hope that works for you!

Melissa
Heather said…
Nope ... 1M is just not big enough ... it is a similar look, but not the same - I'm looking for something bigger. I know Ateco makes bigger tips (809 round and 829 star) so I am looking at those. Hmmm ... thanks for the idea, though.
Anonymous said…
Ateco makes a Pastry Bag Tips set that has large tips. You can buy it online at a bunch of places - look on Cooking.com and search for "Assorted Pastry Bag Tips" and you'll see the set. I love using those tips for big fat swirls on top of cupcakes. I just gave the set as a wedding gift, along with a bunch of other assorted cupcake making goodies.