Banoffee cupcake!!!

I had never heard of banofee (banana/toffee) until I went to England in January and got to try the cupcakes from Buttercup Cake Shop, and that was one of the best cupcakes I've ever had. I think it's the combination of the toffee and banana and everything else that just makes it magical, so I was super excited to see this one from How to Eat a Cupcake. (click for the recipe)

Banana cupcakes studded with pockets of melted caramel, topped with Heath toffee pieces, and caramel whipped cream!



Here's what she says about the cupcake:

They were FABULOUS! I might be biased because I loooove banana cupcakes. But these were freakin GOOD! And the little pockets of melted caramel all throughout the cake were such a nice compliment in texture. To quote my boyfriend "It's soft like cake, but it tastes like a muffin. And the toffee bits are where it's at!" Haha. I sprinkled the top of them with Heath toffee bits before baking. To my knowledge, "Banoffee" is a marriage of the words "banana" and "toffee." Caramel and toffee are not the same thing. So the Heath pieces helped me mend that little problem. I topped them with whipped cream, but plain 'ole whipped cream wouldn't do. I added some storebought caramel. Not the soupy stuff that comes in a jar labeled as ice cream topping. No way! I'm talking about the thick stuff that comes in a plastic tub made for dipping Granny Smith apples in! Yeahhhhh. That stuff is so creamy and delicious. I used it to sweeten the whipped cream. It was perfect on the cupcakes!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Check out www.siftcupcakery.com It's the signature cupcake!  Banana cake, caramel ganache filling and cream cheese frosting!

Banofee pie is one of my favorite things!
Coco Cake Land said…
banoffee! never heard of the saying but am now stoked to try this!! sounds amazing...