Cupcake Carousel in Bangkok, Thailand

Cupcake Carousel cupcakes
all photos via Cupcake Carousel

My friend Elizabeth Spiers (yes, the founding editor of Gawker) was recently traveling in Bangkok, among other places, and told me about seeing giant cupcakes for sale. I had forgotten about it, and then just Googled "cupcakes + Bangkok" and found Cupcake Carousel.

cupcakes from Bangkok's Cupcake Carousel

From their site:

Cupcake (n.) - an individual cup of cake baked specially for you.
Carousel (n.) - an amusement ride that always brings smiles and happiness.

Welcome to Cupcake Carousel, the original cupcake bakeshop in Bangkok that offers delicious and flavorful individually-sized variety of mouth-watering treats. All our homemade cupcakes, muffins, and mini-cheesecakes are made only from the finest natural ingredients, pure vanilla extract from Madagascar, and gourmet chocolate from Belgium.

Cupcakes are great for all occasions whether they are a birthday party, a company party, your special wedding, a simple get-together of friends and family, or just a personal craving moment. Our cupcakes would also make a great gift for someone special. They will only make these wonderful moments more rewarding when you and your loved ones can enjoy your own favorite cup(s) of cake.


Here's their contact info - do we have any Thai readers? If so, drop us a line and let us know whether you bake cupcakes or where you buy them from and what they're like. cupcakestakethecake at yahoo.com

Cupcake Carousel

Bakeshop:
156/18 Petchburi Road
Rajthevee, Bangkok 10400
Thailand

Phone: (Jeab) (+66) 8 1612 8605
(Leng) (+66) 8 5833 0886

E-mail:
contact at cupcake-carousel.com

cupcakes from Bangkok's Cupcake Carousel

Comments

Anonymous said…
hello!
well, i live in bangkok and i'm thai. also a really picky eater as well... but even if im not a picky eater, i would say that the cupcakes there aren't really great.
they're just.. boring. ofcourse you see it and ooooh. they're so cute and pretty, but they are just simply booring. simple dry chocolate and vanilla cakes with barely anything inside and buttercream is just.. not off the topic.

thank you

lily
Anonymous said…
Quite frankly,...I thought they were great especially carrot and red velvet. I had them a few times... first at my friend's wedding... then I ran into the booth at paragon.

Mona
Anonymous said…
I happen to think this shop is the best cupcake shop I can find in Bangkok so far...I mean both tastes and appearances. I tried it myself and bought some for my friends and family. I got all good comments.

Fah :-)
Anonymous said…
I've tried a couple of their cupcakes and I'm addicted to their chocolate peppermint cupcakes. The strawberry frosting on the vanilla strawberry cupcake is awesome as well.

Kei
Unknown said…
Cute, but WAY too sweet.

Most cupcakes are light enough that you can eat one whole one and feel fine.

These are so dense and sweet that feels sick after eating just half of one.


They must be like 800 calories each. Way too dense.


They have a cute concept, but lighter and fresher products would be better.
Anonymous said…
Also, it seems that most bakery items in Bangkok are overly dense and sweet. It must have something to do with preservation.

Even at the Oriental, their pastries are heavier than freshly baked things.

It would be nice if these places baked fresh and light things, and yummier, and had higher turnover, so they wouldn't have to keep things on their shelves for long,

rather than make things like bricks and not yummy in order to preserve their shelf life.