Cupcake Saturday by Miel y Leche, Minneapolis

I'll be posting all about my many cupcake adventures in Minneapolis (I wound up trying cupcakes from 4 different cupcake bakers) soon, but want to get in a visit to the Mall of America before I go.

For now, I wanted to share some pics from my visit to Cupcake Saturday at Letterbox Creative, where Sheela Namakkal of Miel y Leche brings a weekly assortment of cupcakes. She regaled us at the cupcake picnic with tales of her Elvis cupcake (banana cake, with, if I remember correctly, peanut butter frosting, chocolate, and maple bacon on top!). See our interview with Sheela Namakkal here. See my Cupcake Saturday photo set here.

Here's Sheela with her cupcakes:

Sheela Namakkal with her cupcakes

I tried the mint cookies and cream one, because it combines two favorite flavors. It was awesome. The cookie was crumbly and delicious, the mint was tasteful but not overpowering. Also, Sheela puts just enough frosting on her cupcakes; not too much or too little, which I appreciate, because it's just not fun when you overeat on frosting and then get a tummyache.

Mint cookies and cream cupcake

And how wonderful is this poster by Adam Thurman? Even more wonderful was that Sheela was giving them out and Letterbox ships, so I'm getting mine sent home so it's in perfect shape to hang on my wall!

Adam Turman cupcake poster for Miel y Leche

More about the cupcake meetup at Cupcake, Jennifer Rogers's Mon Petit Cupcakes, and bar cupcakes later.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi! My name is Marina, from Brazil, and first of all, congratilations on the Blog, it is truly amazing! I'm totaly addicted to it! But the reason I am posting this comment is because I am making my graduation project on cupcakes, but I'm finding it really hard to find a more complete history of them. So I would like to know if you know any books on that subject that might be interesting for me to read... all I can find are recipe books! Well, that´s it, thank you so much for your attention and once again congratilations on the cutest cupcake blog ever!
the elvis=banana cake, peanut butter mousse and marshmellow fluff frosting with maple bacon :)
Mama Fabun said…
How can I get one of those posters?!