image from experimental treats and eats
Here's the very easy recipe:
One-Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes
Makes 2 dozen
* 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 1/2 cups sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
* 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 large eggs
* 3/4 cup warm water
* 3/4 cup buttermilk
* 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with liners; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, sift together cocoa, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add the eggs, warm water, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla; mix batter until smooth, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl to assure batter is well mixed.
2. Divide batter evenly among liners, filling each about one-third full. Bake until tops spring back when touched, about 20 minutes, rotating pan once if needed. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.
experimental treats and eats used Martha's dark chocolate frosting recipe - visit her blog for notes on baking these.
1 pounds best-quality semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
6 tablespoons dutch-process cocoa powder
6 tablespoons boiling water
3 sticks (1 1/2 cups) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
pinch of salt
place chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over (but not touching) simmering water. turn of the heat; stir occasionally until chocolate has melted completely, about 15 minutes. set bowl on countertop, and let chocolate cool to room temperature, 25 to 30 minutes. meanwhile, combine cocoa powder and boiler water in a small bowl; stir until cocoa is dissolved.
in the bowl of an electric mixed fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, confectioners' sugar, and salt on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. add melted chocolate; beat on low speed until combined, 1 to 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. beat in the cocoa mixture.
Contact us: cupcakestakethecake at gmail.com