If you didn't already know, Iron Cupcake is upon us! There are over 100 members - want in on it? Sign up by tomorrow, August 20th! All the details are at the Iron Cupcake site.

For Iron Cupcake: Earth, blogger Cupcakerycupcakes made MochaChilliCino cupcakes! photos via Flickr
What's a MochaChilliCino cupcake, you ask?
Mochachillicino cupcake: a chocolate buttercake filled with a chocolate-chilli mousse, topped with Kahlua buttercream and garnished with a marscarpone flower and chocolate-chilli covered coffee bean.
It looks like this on the outside:

And this on the inside: (what she rightly calls a "dissection shot")

She writes about the whole process (and gives the recipe), but here's part of it:
Once the cakes had cooked and cooled, I filled them with a generous amount of mousse. These were then iced with a Kahlua and espresso buttercream. As we have our own shop, it is a real bonus having access to Real Coffee. Many a short black makes its way into my cakes and frostings! A very strong coffee made at home will also do the trick though, so don't be put off trying the recipe. As I decided against cream in the mousse, I thought that a small amount of marscarpone as a garnish would complement the cake. Marscarpone is of course a key ingredient of tiramisu and its cool creaminess adds texture and provides something more neutral for the palate. The final touch was to add a choc-chilli covered coffee bean to each marscarpone flower. I simply dipped the coffee beans from our shop into Lindt's chilli chocolate (I've been desperate to use it for something) and although fiddly, they are yummy (although probably not quite hot enough for me). Next time, I'd just use really good quality chocolate coated coffee beans from Josophan's chocolates, even if I have to forego the extra chilli touch.

For Iron Cupcake: Earth, blogger Cupcakerycupcakes made MochaChilliCino cupcakes! photos via Flickr
What's a MochaChilliCino cupcake, you ask?
Mochachillicino cupcake: a chocolate buttercake filled with a chocolate-chilli mousse, topped with Kahlua buttercream and garnished with a marscarpone flower and chocolate-chilli covered coffee bean.
It looks like this on the outside:

And this on the inside: (what she rightly calls a "dissection shot")

She writes about the whole process (and gives the recipe), but here's part of it:
Once the cakes had cooked and cooled, I filled them with a generous amount of mousse. These were then iced with a Kahlua and espresso buttercream. As we have our own shop, it is a real bonus having access to Real Coffee. Many a short black makes its way into my cakes and frostings! A very strong coffee made at home will also do the trick though, so don't be put off trying the recipe. As I decided against cream in the mousse, I thought that a small amount of marscarpone as a garnish would complement the cake. Marscarpone is of course a key ingredient of tiramisu and its cool creaminess adds texture and provides something more neutral for the palate. The final touch was to add a choc-chilli covered coffee bean to each marscarpone flower. I simply dipped the coffee beans from our shop into Lindt's chilli chocolate (I've been desperate to use it for something) and although fiddly, they are yummy (although probably not quite hot enough for me). Next time, I'd just use really good quality chocolate coated coffee beans from Josophan's chocolates, even if I have to forego the extra chilli touch.
Comments