Sprinkles in Phoenix runs afoul of health inspectors

At the Phoenix New Times blog Chow Bella, Amy Silverman muses about Sprinkles:

This shiny chain is all about image, which is why I actually felt sorry for Sprinkles (I shouldn't -- a boxed cupcake at the place costs FIVE DOLLARS, for crying out loud) when I saw that they recently received a "No Award" citation for, basically, touching cupcakes with their bare hands.

(The other naughty behavior included old icing on a mixer's splash zone and the lack of a sign at the second hand wash sink, reminding employees to wash up. Please. That's nothing. Give me some roaches or a slimy ice machine, then we can talk.)

I'm a big fan of Maricopa County's restaurant inspection team, particularly after a few weeks of reading these reports. Gross out, indeed. But once in a while, you read a report and think, "Why, this is as ridiculous as the ban on bake sales at my kids' school!"


In other Sprinkles non-lawsuit news, they're debuting a new flavor from September 5-14, made with lime in the cake and in the frosting:

Comments

Anonymous said…
TRANS FAT IN THEIR CUPCAKE MIX!!!!! NEED I SAY MORE. AND I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT.