Discovering a new favorite cupcake bakery: Dessert Club ChikaLicious

Being a cupcake blogger and a bit obsessed with our favorite dessert, I tend to hear about new bakeries or get tips on them. But one local NYC bakery I hadn't heard a think about was Dessert Club ChikaLicious, the sister bakery of Dessert Club. I read about it and then decided to bring some of their cupcakes to our cupcake meetup two weeks ago. Well, let me tell you, those cupcakes were magical. They went quickly.

The shop really impressed me because it's small, but neat, just like the cupcakes. They're mostly $1.60, though a few like the s'mores (which are kinda hard to come by in New York - I loved it!) were $2.25. There is a richness to these cupcakes that is a real treat, especially the coconut. The frosting is very smooth, but the size is just right, so you don't feel overly full after eating one, or even two. You can see my full photo set here. I've now been back twice for party cupcakes and both times watched people devour them, then ooh and aah and demand to know where I got them.

Dessert Club ChikaLicious awning

P9170244

Six yummy ChikaLicious cupcakes

The inside of the s'mores cupcake:

the beyond delicious ChikaLicious s'mores cupcake

Comments