Flower cupcakes, and actual cupcakes, from 1-800-FLOWERS

Last week, we were treated to some delicious cupcakes, cookies, and snacks, while getting to meet the people behind 1-800-FLOWERS and their sister company, Cheryl & Co (we'll have more about Cheryl & Co.'s cupcake offerings later). For those who want to know more about flowers, you can read the blog Julie's Floral Lifestyle, by Julie Mulligan of 1-800-FLOWERS.

The event was small, but fun, and we got the chance to meet some fabulous cupcake people, including Sandy, the Milwaukee Cupcake Queen and Melissa of Metal Sugar. And our interviewee Lisa Lillien of Hungry Girl.

Now 1-800-FLOWERS is selling, for same day delivery (if ordered before 2 p.m.) these adorable cupcake flowers:

Flower cupcakes from 1-800-Flowers

But you want to know about the cupcakes, right?

1-800-FLOWERS cupcakes

They were very brightly decorated, as you can see, and were vanilla/vanilla or chocolate/chocolate (that's what's on offer for now, though future cupcake flavors were floated around; I bet they'd like to know what you'd like to see). As is my way, I was partial to the vanilla/vanilla; the chocolate frosting was very sweet. But as I sat and chatted with people, I realized that for some people, there's no such thing as "too sweet." I ate a little of each kind, whereas one woman thought I was crazy for not wanting to shove all the frosting directly into my mouth. I guess she's an "all frosting, all the time" kind of person!

They had this giant cupcake flower on display (sorry, not for sale):

Giant flower from 1-800-FLOWERS

P9260359

Sandy, the Milwaukee Cupcake Queen and Iron Cupcake organizer, had a very cool cupcake bag:

Sandy, Milwaukee Cupcake Queen

She also had the Iron Cupcake logo tattooeed on her leg:

Sandy's cupcake tattoo

and a very cool, original cupcake bottle cap necklace:

Sandy's cupcake bottle cap necklace

Plus...she's giving away one of the Everything Cupcake Cupcake Flowers and a $100 1-800-FLOWERS gift certificate! Visit her blog and enter by October 12th.

Comments

Claire said…
I LOVE her bag - I NEED one of those!! Says the bag freak!

Claire (UK)
TaraMetBlog said…
a tattoo? wow, that's dedication!
Melissa Walker said…
That floral cupcake display = what I want for a wedding!