Halloween cupcakes at Whole Foods Union Square

Witch cupcakes at Union Square Whole Foods

Custom Halloween cupcakes from Union Square Whole Foods

Last night I went to the Whole Foods at Union Square in NYC, as I often do. I'd intended to get something from the salad bar, but on the way, I stopped to check out their cupcakes. I found out that now through Halloween, Jerry is making super-adorable Halloween cupcakes, and while their custom cupcakes are usually $4.99, until Halloween they're $3.99.

This is the one I bought, but keep in mind this is after it made the trip to Brooklyn and back into Manhattan. It was taped to the bottom of the plastic case and held up remarkably well. The coffin on top is a brownie (!) which was delicious. Their frosting is very buttery and smooth, not thick and sweet like I'm used to. It was good, but that's not my favorite kind of frosting. I ate about half of it (this was a pretty big cupcake, mind you), which was plenty, along with the brownie. I totally want to get a monster one (sorry, the rest of my photos only came out so-so) for my cousin Adam, who's almost 3. I know he'd go crazy.

Brownie coffin Halloween cupcake

Comments

Anonymous said…
Is that hair on the side?
Yvo Sin said…
Semi-related, they let you take pics in there? I tried once to take pics in Whole Foods UsQ and I got yelled at!!!
Anonymous said…
the coffin cupcake is so cool haha i'll have to go and get some!