Rachel's Birthday: a Cupcakes Take the Cake photostory

Yesterday was Rachel's birthday and it wouldn't be right not to celebrate with cupcakes, good food, better conversation, and best friends. A group of cupcake-lovin' (and Rachel-likin') people got together in NYC's East Village for some Ethiopian food.


Left side, front to back: Shari Goldhagen, Rachel Kramer Bussel, and Hitha Prabhakar.
Right side, front to back: Allison Bojarski, Nichelle Stephens, and Twanna Hines.



Gloria and Rachel check out Gloria's homemade chocolate cupcakes. I was so stuffed from all the cupcakes I had eaten the day before, I didn't have room for anymore, but I heard on *excellent* authority that the cupcakes were delicious!




Rachel displaying more of Gloria's yummy cupcakes.



Here are Rachel's friends preparing to sing (riotously, and to the joy of our dining neighbors) Happy Birthday! Cupcake-style.



Rachel was laughing so hard she had trouble blowing out all her candles.


The birthday girl's birthday (cup)cake. These weren't even the half of it! There were so many cupcakes even a cupcake-lovin' crowd such as ours couldn't press our way through them. Cupcakes were also dispatched to the long-suffering waitstaff (including the beutiful and thoughtful waitsress we had) and the dining neighbors. I think Rachel even had some to take to work the following day! It seems like veryone who showed up came with cupcakes in hand.





Here's a shot of Rachel enjoying one of the cupcakes I made for her the night before. The cupcakes seemed to be a hit, which made me happy (and proud, because I am *not* a baker).




Here's Gloria trying out one of mine. She's a real baker and she pronounced them tasty!




Rachel with one of Gloria's homemade chocolate-chocolate cupcakes, with Rachel's initial on it.



And *grin* here's Rachel kissing butt!! Yes, you saw it here on CTTC first! Rachel kisses Gloria's butt (cookie). Tee hee...


Here are Nichelle and Allison enjoying Brownie's (of Blondie and Brownie fame) Elvis cupcakes!!

blondieandbrownie.blogspot.com/2008/11/happy-birthday-rac...

A much better picture of the cupcake in question is here: www.flickr.com/photos/nycblondieandbrownie/3019309962



Sira loves Gloria's homemade butt cookies. Who wouldn't?





Here are your Cupcake Take the Cake "Tower of Power." I'm lucky to be among such wonderful women.






I know, I can't get enough of those butt cookies! Too cute! And hand-decorated. Yay, Gloria!




Hitha Prabhakar, Sira Maliphol, and the birthday girl, Rachel Kramer Bussel.




Hotties Hitha and Twanna don't want the cupcake birthday party to end...and neither does anyone else.




Rachel and Shari share a moment before we say goodnight. Well, what I imagine goodnight looked like, because your intrepid cupcake blogger had eaten too many cupcakes and had to go home and sip herbal tea and moan.

Next time, I swear I'll stop at two. Or three. Four, tops!

Comments

Unknown said…
I recognize the Crumbs mini-mm's cupcake, had it yesterday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Stacie Joy said…
soap kitten, what did you think of it (the Crumbs mini)? Did you like it? Please share!
Cakespy said…
Oh man...too much awesome!! Happy birthday again. I wish I could have been there!
Stacie Joy said…
Hi Cakespy! It was a cupcake-overload moment. *grin* But SO much fun. We are all lucky to be able to celebrate Rachel's special day with her. Maybe next year you'll be in town?? Cupcakes on me...
So much fun. Stacie, thanks for the lovely pictures.
Stacie Joy said…
Thanks Allison! I had a great time, and you know I enjoy photographing you, Nichelle and Rachel. Plus -- CUPCAKES!!