Watchmen cupcakes

One of the reasons I love cupcakes so much is that they're so versatile. On these mini desserts, you can create edible treats that celebrate holidays, birthdays, graduations, sports teams, companies, political candidates...the sky's the limit, really. So even though (Watchmen/Alan Moore fans, don't hate me!) I really know next to nothing about Watchmen, (except that the film is based on the book written by Alan Moore) I'm fascinated by the detail on these cupcakes. At first I clicked on them because of the smiley faces, thinking, "oh, okay, more smiley faces." The diabolical nature of the small but potent arrow is what makes these truly killer (ha ha) cupcakes.

These are from a Watchmen press event in London, and the photo is from Marc Berry on Flickr.



And here's the book cover:

Watchmen cover

What's your favorite pop culture cupcake? Or if it doesn't yet exist, what TV show or movie or book would you like to an homage to in a cupcake?

Comments

Anonymous said…
it may look like an arrow but really it's supposed to be a drop of blood as you can see on the comic book cover.
Bob W. said…
The graphic novel is terrific, and I am sure the film will be enjoyable, too. Moore's other novels, like V for Vendetta and the Killing Joke, are also memorable. The cupcakes look pretty good too, though!
Anonymous said…
*move hands around* -- What skcitygirl said... It's blood. I'v read the comic. It's blood.
Anonymous said…
that was a surprise seeing those on here...i had to make 200 of these little things! I forgot to take photos so glad someone else did! www.clarescupcakes.co.uk