Butter Lane's Banana Cream-Cheese Cupcake For the Win!

So, for those of you following along, I have been jonesing for the famous Banana Cream-Cheese cupcake from Butter Lane. I couldn't get my mitts on one for nothin'. Finally, I called and reserved myself a cupcake with Anthony from the Butter Lane shop. And he was kind enough to oblige, guarding this baby against all who would want her.


I bisected her open, and checked out her innards. Nice innards. I could see ribbons of banana, and the scent of the rich banana flavor wafted forward. Mmm. (Too bad the Internet doesn't offer smellovision -- yet.)

Pros: The cupcake was moist and rich, without being dense or gut-bomb-y, as some cupcakes are wont to do. The flavor was terrific, with just the right volume of frosting to complement it. The cream-cheese frosting was definitely a winner. Just the right amount of sugar. (I don't like overly sweet frostings or treats.) There was a great finish, no trace of bitterness or overload of spice. This cupcake earns a solid A- from me.

Cons: None. I wouldn't want to eat this next-day, as the frosting has a tendency to harden, but since mine was fresh-baked I didn't have that issue.




Butter Lane was offering tastes of their frostings the day I was there. The flavors are, beginning at the top left and working down then up: American Buttercream Chocolate, American Buttercream Vanilla, Cream Cheese, Pumpkin Spice, Blueberry, and Raspberry. I've only tried the buttercreams and the cream-cheese one, but hope to taste the other flavors soon.



I couldn't very well leave without sampling other Butter Lane goodies, now could I? A pretty six-pack came home with me.


And here's sweet Anthony, who so protectively guarded my Banana Cream-Cheese goodness. As we were all standing around chit-chatting, I thought I'd try to get you guys the scoop on what's coming next at Butter Lane. Lori (a camera-shy couterperson) mentioned that the Red Velvet cupcake was on the way, and possibly *gasp* a Carrot Cake cupcake. Oh how I love carrot cake! Mmm...with Butter Lane's Cream-Cheese frosting, I'll be in heaven. So stay tuned for more from this brand-new bakery.

(All photos copyright Stacie Joy. Please provide credit.)


Comments