Cupcake a Day, Day 27: Butter Lane, pumpkin spice cupcake

Cupcake liveblogging from Butter Lane: I do my entire December cupcake
a day roundup by Wednesday (I've only missed two days of cupcake
eating!) but tonight's was this one: pumpkin spice frosting on vanilla
cake at Butter Lane. I had actually headed over to sugar Sweet
sunshine but arrived just after they closed (11 pm).

It was a gossip between this one and coconut. Special cupcakes are
$2.75 but I got a discount of $1.38. The pumpkin was very good, with a
little kick of spice mixed in. I had only had pumpkin cake for a
pumpkin cupcake previously, never pumpkin frosting. I think I like
their other frosting flavors better, because I have to be in the mood
for pumpkin, whereas I can eat vanilla frosting anytime, mood or not.
I like that it wasn't overpoweringly sweet or too piled on (but I did
wipe a little off cause I like a very high cake to frosting ratio most
of the time).

Very glad Butter Lane is open til midnight on Saturdays! Looking
forward to trying all their flavors. www.butterlane.com

Comments

Anonymous said…
...it was a "gossip"?
Sarah said…
Love all the fab posts! Keep it up! :)
I said I would be back with my cupcakes, inspired by your fab blog!
There here I would love you guys to check them out (not as fantastic as all the ones you show, but nspired by you!)
S
Anonymous said…
Oooh... yummmy! We had red velvet cake at our wedding, but didn't occur to us to have cupcakes. Hm... wonder if sales are still going on?! Vikki www.survival-cooking.blogspot.com