Guest blogger: Kristina from The Chocolate Peanut Butter Gallery

Today's guest blogger is from the cupcake-loving site The Chocolate Peanut Butter Gallery, which combines two of my favorite foods into one fabulous website! Thanks, Kristina!


Hello there, my name is Kristina and I write the Chocolate Peanut Butter Gallery. I love all things chocolate and peanut butter, especially cupcakes! I am excited to be writing a guest spot for Cupcakes Take The Cake since I've been a cupcake ogling fan for at least a couple years now. With that said, on with the post!

For many people including myself, the holiday season is a time for family traditions. When I was a kid, our New Years tradition was to have these goofy hat contests. Why hats for New Years? Who knows? As a kid, all I cared was that it was fun and one of the prizes was a much coveted chocolate bar. Here is a pic from one of our many contests:

hat contest

That was one of the more tame years... I couldn't find pictures of the infamous shark hat or the winning parmesan cheese hat, but you get the idea.

I am older now (though still a kid at heart) and while everyone in the family now goes their separate ways to other parties, when New Years rolls around I can't help but think of big crazy homemade hats. The thought occured to me that I could go all out and make some crazy ridiculous fondant hats with gloriously piped icing and gumdrop jewels, but while I like to think of myself as a domestic goddess that could give Nigella a run for her money, the simple fact is that I'm not one. So I decided to stick to my roots and make hats of paper, only this time they are for cupcakes instead of humans.

cupcake hats

cupcake hats

cupcake hats

The little viking was my personal favorite:

cupcake hats

If you'd like to throw your own cupcake hat party, all of the hats are available on two print-ready pdf documents that you can download by clicking here for page 1 and here for page 2. Just print, cut, tape a toothpick on the backs and plant em in some frosting. I happen to make chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting, but you can choose any flavor combo and even color the hats in to match your icing colors.

I wish all of you a very Happy New Year filled with cupcakes, chocolate & peanut butter!

<3 kristina / The Chocolate Peanut Butter Gallery

Comments

Pauline Laing said…
Thanks heaps for the idea - we printed out your hats, baked some cupcakes, and had all the cousins colour in their own hats. Then we had a cupcake party by the pool! There's a photo on my blog...

SO there ya go, great ideas can travel the world...
T.Allen said…
Oh I LOVE this absolutely awesome-thanks for sharing!
Anonymous said…
The hat garnish is a great idea. I'd probably even go another step further and embellish mine with glitter glue or something!