SassyCakes' recipe for salted caramel cupcakes

Edmonton, Alberta (Canada) home-based cupcake and cake business SassyCakes also has a blog, where they just posted the recipe for these Salted Caramel Cupcakes.



FrostedBetty writes:

I decided to try a recipe I found awhile ago but hadn't got around to making. I can say after making these that I have found a new caramel butter cream that I plan on using over and over again in the future. The cupcake itself was pretty good too, although it couldn't stand alone without some sort of topping or fruit filling. As for the salt, I liked it at first which doesn't say much as I love salt but after a couple bites it started weirding me out that there was no sweet after taste that you typically have when eating sweet things. If you do try it with the salt I suggest trying it on a single cupcake first so you know if you like it that way or prefer the sweet caramel taste. Let me know what your preference was :) Well here is the recipe, Enjoy!

Comments

Victor Dover said…
If you like the idea of these, you'll LOVE the unique tropical creations of The Cupcake Diva in Miami! The diva herself, Danielle Girten, handcrafts every one and she's full of surprises-- they do look too good to eat, but taste them anyway, and prepare to be amazed. Her runaway success has grabbed attention from all of South Florida's cupcake connoisseurs-- don't miss the chance to try a dozen, but book them in advance. Take a look at www.cupcakedivamiami.com
Anonymous said…
The cupcake diva is in a class by herself. My law office used her creations as gifts to clients this year and were a huge success. Best cupcakes ever!
Frostedbetty said…
Thanks for posting this from my Blog! Your blog is great, every time I come here there's somthing new to look at.