Whole Foods Austin's well-decorated cupcakes

I will do a recap of my Austin cupcake eating soon (I tried them at Quack's, The Steeping Room, and Sugar Mama's Bakeshop, as well as Whole Foods), but for now, this is a photo of the 2 cute cupcakes I couldn't resist at Whole Foods. Most Whole Foods I've been to have very price, well-decorated cupcakes, but the flagship store took it to a whole (sorry, couldn't resist!) new level. They had mini cupcakes (no photos allowed) and these ones, which I deemed the cutest. There was one with an alligator on it!

I had just been to Sugar Mama's earlier in the day so only tasted these cupcakes. They had too much frosting, well, more than I needed anyway, and their frosting tends to be buttery, but this was sweet and butter. Probably best for kids (but I wouldn't give a kid this giant one to eat all by themselves).

Were they worth $3.99 each? It depends. Not for everyday, but for a special occasion. The snowflake was made of chocolate and was covered with sugar crystals; a beautiful touch and of course delicious. I sliced off a sliver of each for myself, then left the rest with my friend Vicky to bring to her friends, so maybe they were worth it - several people got to taste these (and when I cut my sliver off the back, you could hardly tell with the cookie face one).

Cupcakes at Whole Foods Austin

Comments

funwithyourfood said…
YAY for Austin! Yea... you know how we do :)

Teddy
MP said…
I LOVE this blog and will sometimes get a little frantic if I go too many hours without a new posting, but "these ones" !! Oh Rachel, how could you?

MP