500 free cupcakes at Red Velvet Cupcakery (Washington, DC) opening January 15th

We can't vouch for the newly opened Red Velvet Cupcakery in Washington, DC (but do hope they've stopped using unauthorized photos on their website), but we can bring you some news about scoring free/discount cupcakes from them:

Via Modern Domestic:

You heard it here first! Red Velvet Cupcakery will be having its grand opening on Thursday, January 15! And to celebrate, they’ll be handing out free cupcakes to the first 500 customers. Of course, since I have to work I seriously doubt I’ll be getting some free cupcakes, but I fully intend to stop by after work and see what they’re all about. Anyone with me?


For those of you who have a less-sweet sweet tooth, TangySweet, which will share the space with Red Velvet Cupcakery, will be having its grand opening this Thursday, January 8. They’ll be giving away free frozen yogurt throughout the day. I think this sounds like an excellent little attraction for you recession-strapped folks that work in Penn Quarter. I just had TangySweet for the first time in their original Dupont location, and I loved it (I suggest getting strawberries for a topping). The joint Red Velvet Cupcakery/TangySweet is located at 675 E St NW, one block from the Verizon Center.


I’m interested to see how Red Velvet Cupcakery shapes up. Will Pastry Chef David Guas deliver, given that Georgetown Cupcake seems to have cracked the perfect cupcake code? Red Velvet’s press release says that many of the cupcakes will feature flavors based on Guas’ Louisiana and Cuban heritage, although the menu seems more  classic American flavors to me.


Maybe this means there will be a Mardi Gras cupcake in Red Velvet’s future? I could get behind that!



And from the site/newsletter City Shop Girl on January 6th:

Free Cupcake. This yummy cupcakery is steps from the Verizon Center. Speciality cupcakes include key west and peanut butter cup. Buy 3 or more cupcakes and mention CityShopGirl to receive a free cupcake. Through January 31.
Red Velvet Cupcakery
675 E Street
Washington, D.C. 20004
202-347-7895
www.redvelvetcupcakery.com

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the link! I'm going to be there on opening day (although, alas, not in time for the free cupcakes, I'm sure).

When were they using unauthorized photos on their Web site? I didn't hear about that.

-Jenna