Baked by Melissa cupcakes


I saw this in my Daily Candy email the other day, but hadn't had the time to post it. Has anyone tried Baked by Melissa cupcakes? They are in NYC (and only deliver locally), but seem to have a mandatory minimum, and no storefront. The cupcakes look delicious and I'd be super-happy if I had some to sample and review (hint, hint).

It appears that the cuppers are minis (not much larger than a quarter!) with lots of filled flavors like cookie dough, s'mores, peanut butter and jelly, and cookies and cream. There's also a beautiful tie-dye and a decadent-looking red velvet cupcake. Orders are in increments of 50, with 100 minimum, which kinda counts me out (unless, of course, Melissa feels like letting me buy a dozen for my review...)

The cupcakes look lovely, would love to hear if anyone out there has tasted them and what they think. Melissa, call me, okay?


Comments

Anonymous said…
Melissa actually stopped into the salon I work at and brought us some of her cupcakes. They are mini cupcakes and super yummy. However, I prefer my cupcakes to be full size.
Stacie Joy said…
Thanks, Anonymous viewer! I'm grateful for your comment. Anyone else try them?
Anonymous said…
I went online to order them but $90 is a little steep as a minimum order.... would like to taste them first.
Jesenia said…
after reading i really want a cupcake but im not eating carbs right now well who am i kidding im just trying to cut down lol i will definately check out the site.
Anonymous said…
I tried them during the Union Square Holiday "fair" this past Christmas. They are tiny! I personally didn't think they were anything extraordinary... not worth the price of $1.00 each. Perhaps if they had been a little bigger??
Anonymous said…
I had them at the holiday festival at Bryant Park. I LOVED them! They're really really small. And they're stuffed. so you just pop them in your mouth and regret it later. :) But since they're so small you don't have to regret it that much....
Anonymous said…
The only thing Melissa has going for her is the "novelty" effect of a bite sized cupcake. They look cute- but any seasoned baker can tell that her ingredients are straight from a box/can. Sure, she might throw half a Reese's Peanut Butter cup, a dollop of peanut butter and jelly, an oreo, or some food coloring into her batter- but the cupcakes are all Duncan Hines/Pillsbury/Betty Crocker! Enjoy your adorable bite-sized hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup!
jun said…
I just passed this store today... they now have a storefront on 14th street between 5th and university place. apparently, it's just recently opened. tiny little storefront, i almost missed it.
minimum order was 3 for $3... but they were soooo tiny, i thought it was too much and kept on walking. sorry, had i known about this inquiry, i would have done a taste test.