Campaign to get Coyi Cafe to carry cupcakes

So, a new and promising coffeeshop opened up on my block. Coyi Cafe. I was on my way to the CTTC Meetup at Lunasa Bar today, so I didn't have much time but I had to stop when I saw the new placed had opened. For weeks it'd been teasing me with thoughts of hot lattes and croissants.

Coyi Cafe


And inside:

Coyi Cafe

It looks nice, right?


As you can see, the cafe carries muffins but not cupcakes. So sad.

Coyi Cafe


Here's proprietress Connie Lei:

Coyi Cafe

So, here's my idea: In my ongoing crusade to cupcake-ify my neighborhood (with quality cupcakes, of course) I would like to see Coyi Cafe carrying some cupcakes. I propose that y'all stop by (it's at 42 Avenue B, between Third and Fourth Streets in the East Village) and ask for cupcakes! If enough people ask for cupcakes, doesn't the cafe just have to carry them?

Tomorrow I plan to settle down at the cafe, check out the wifi, and have some coffee (and a noncupcake treat). I'll post updates as they occur.

More pictures here. Photos by Stacie Joy, please provide credit.





Comments

JonJon Rosaleen said…
I think the cafe would be more attractive if they offer some cupcakes there. The setting of the place looks nice and cosy.
Great shots!
Cakespy said…
You could always start a passive-aggressive revolt and bring your own frosting and make your own DIY cupcakes out of the muffins. If they saw enough people bringing in their own frosting they might get the hint too. I'm kidding of course, I just find the thought funny :-)
Anonymous said…
Coffee is great. Love the atmosphere very cozy. Looking forward to have cupcakes there!!!
Anonymous said…
I was just there today & I have to say, this place was sooo comfortable. The atmosphere was superb. Everyone was so nice. The coffee was perfect. Must visit. Definitely would like to see this place with cupcakes as well! :D
Anonymous said…
The goat cheese sandwich and natural flavered tea I had there are great. Good place to visit!