So, I just watched the Martha Stewart show that the Cupcakes Takes the Cake gals were invited to. I saw our own Nichelle in the audience several times (lookin' good!), and the beautiful and elegant Brownie of Blondie and Brownie fame (you should absolutely check out the Blondie and Brownie post on the show, found here). I also saw our friends Matty and Julie!
And, for those of you asking about the Mexican vanilla from Utah, I have the answer right here: Blue Cattle Truck Company! I wholeheartedly trust Marlo Scott of Sweet Revenge (maker of some of the yummiest, most flavorful cupcakes ever) in her recommendation. Has anyone used this vanilla before? Your thoughts? I'd love to know what makes it so different. I adore vanilla -- true vanilla, not the fake vanilla extract. The "Pure" cupcake of Sweet Revenge is so amazingly tasty, I'd have much rather snacked on it than the rather small dry cupcake (with violently purple icing) that Martha served.
The show turned out well, I think, and I was thrilled to see the women of Butter Lane, a CTTC favorite bakery. If you saw the show, didn't you think that the Butter Lane folks handled the Martha attention well? I'd have been shaking and stuttering, but all three of them (plus head baker!) were calm and cool like cucumbers.
All in all, a winner of a show featuring two of our favorite NYC bakeries, and some of the best women out there. Rock on cupcakeries!
I'd love to know what you folks think. Please feel free to post your thoughts in the comments section, below.
And, for those of you asking about the Mexican vanilla from Utah, I have the answer right here: Blue Cattle Truck Company! I wholeheartedly trust Marlo Scott of Sweet Revenge (maker of some of the yummiest, most flavorful cupcakes ever) in her recommendation. Has anyone used this vanilla before? Your thoughts? I'd love to know what makes it so different. I adore vanilla -- true vanilla, not the fake vanilla extract. The "Pure" cupcake of Sweet Revenge is so amazingly tasty, I'd have much rather snacked on it than the rather small dry cupcake (with violently purple icing) that Martha served.
The show turned out well, I think, and I was thrilled to see the women of Butter Lane, a CTTC favorite bakery. If you saw the show, didn't you think that the Butter Lane folks handled the Martha attention well? I'd have been shaking and stuttering, but all three of them (plus head baker!) were calm and cool like cucumbers.
All in all, a winner of a show featuring two of our favorite NYC bakeries, and some of the best women out there. Rock on cupcakeries!
I'd love to know what you folks think. Please feel free to post your thoughts in the comments section, below.
Comments