
photo by Jonathan Milano for Naperville Sun
This article in the Naperville Sun lets us know that cupcakes are thriving in Naperville, Illinois at the very cutely named Sugar Monkey Cupcakes (Naperville is also home to Rose Petals Cupcakery):
Darwish's enterprise, Sugar Monkey Cupcakes, welcomed its first customers in early December. The little shop on Chicago Avenue in downtown Naperville is all cupcakes, all the time. At the moment, she reports that she's going through especially large volumes of the red velvet, cookies-and-cream and s'mores varieties (eat your heart out, Betty).
And just when one might suppose the cupcake-consuming public is hunkering down at home rather than venture out in the harsh elements of January to sabotage those well-intended New Year's resolutions to eat more stoically, Darwish said she is seeing more people than ever come in clamoring for cupcakes -- often with talk of cravings.
Sugar Monkey Cupcakes
28 W. Chicago Ave.
Naperville, IL 60540
United States
ph: 630-416-5600
alt: 630-546-9787
yum at sugarmonkeycupcakes.com
Comments
I kept meaning to email about their opening, but I've just been so busy.
Their cupcakes are $3, or $1 for the day olds.
I've tried their chocolate cinnamon, chocolate peppermint, s'mores and sweet and salty caramel peanut butter and they have all been amazingly good.
For some reason though they seem to get harder than any other cupcake I've ever had. If I buy it early in the day and leave it in the cardboard box, but the night it's stiffened up quite a bit. So I make sure to put it in an air tight container.