Crumbs Bakeshop's Valentine's Day offerings

Since Crumbs is the nearest bakery to my office, I decided to walk over at lunchtime to see what they were offering for Valentine's Day. Then, of course, I wound up buying a 12-pack of mini cupcakes for $18. Gotta say, if you ever want to make people smile pretty easily, give them a cupcake. See more photos in my Flickr set.

Crumbs Valentine's Day mini cupcake assortment

The 3 types in this pack are (from top row to bottom): Red Hots (filled), Basic chocolate frosting with vanilla cake (filled), and chocolate strawberry (filled) - those may not be the official names.

The Red hots one I'd only recommend if you like Red Hots (duh). It was pretty strong. The chocolate frosting/vanilla one was average; the sprinkles looked pretty but weren't to my liking. The last one was my favorite - there was real strawberry (I think) inside and the chocolate on top was just simple chocolate, not frosting, and not overdone. The cake was strawberry-flavored too.

Inside Crumbs mini cupcake

Inside Crumbs mini chocolate strawberry cupcake
I know this one looks kindof gooeey and possibly gross, but I wasn't expecting it to be wet inside or to be taking a photo, or I'd have tried to make it more presentable. I'd advise popping the entire thing in your mouth to avoid messiness; they're just small enough to be able to do so (perhaps with some effort). I really liked how moist this was and that it was a little different from the norm, with actual strawberry.

They were also selling this one with a little cookie on top:

Crumbs Valentine's Day cupcakes

And this one with a very cute brownie on top:

Crumbs Valentine's Day cupcakes

They also had red and pink cookies (think black and white cookies, which they were also selling, but red and pink glaze), heart-shaped cookies, and this heart-shaped cream-cheese filled brownie, which I couldn't resist and also purchased ($2.50):

Crumbs heart-shaped cream cheese brownie

I was sadly disappointed by it. I am not a huge cream cheese lover (aside from on bagels), so wasn't expecting to love that part, but brownies are among my favorite desserts. This one was a bit dry and just not very engaging; then again, I did purchase it at around 4:30 in the afternoon. It was decent, and I did eat most of it, I just would've liked something moister. It's definitely cute, though! Now I want to find heart-shaped cupcakes at a bakery. Anyone?

My friend recently made me some of the most delicious brownies ever; I'm going to look into turning that recipe into brownie cupcakes!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just had the Ooh La La (the pink cupcake with the brownie heart) this past weekend at Crumbs (my first visit) and it was sensational!!!!