Cupcakes with a cherry on top

I used to actively dislike cherries, and then I tsated a fresh, real cherry, and realized maraschino isn't the only kind. Since then, I have more of a respect for the cherry, though tend to prefer raspberry or strawberry in my sweets. However, a cherry atop a cupcake? Lovely! I also like cherry chocolate cupcakes, with real cherries baked into the cake. So here's a selection of cherry-topped cupcakes from the Cupcakes Take the Cake Flickr pool.

cherry coke chocolate cupcakes
Cherry coke chocolate cupcakes from Flickr user freakgirl who writes: Buttercream and cherry coke frosting. Topped with a maraschino cherry. These cupcakes had a very light taste to them, and were incredibly moist even a few days later. Yum.

from Flickr user sherylthai who writes: These are Apple, Black Cherry and Cinnamon Cupcakes with some simple soft pink icing with a fresh cherry on top. plus Shabby Chic cupcake liners by

Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes with Chocolate Fudge Frosting from Vélez Delights on Flickr (click here for the recipe!)

Cupcakes on Pitt, Sydney

Cupcake de veludo vermelho
from Flickr user comofaz - get the recipe in...not English (Portuguese maybe?)
Sundae cupcakes from Cupcakes on Pitt in Sydney, Australia, by Flickr user supercamel

Almond Cherry Chocolate Chip Cupcake for Bistro
Almond cherry chocolate cupcake by Flickr user Fields of Cake

bing cherry cupcakes
chocolate cupcakes
topped with ganache
cherries dipped in belgian bittersweet chocolate
belgian chocolate cherry leaves by Flickr user distopiandreamgirl

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for featuring my pictures in your blog! I'm a big fan!

And yes, it's portuguese. I'm sorry for not having the recipe in english :( I will work on it, ok?

Thanks again!