Drumroll!! Guess where we were today?

Today, Cupcakes Take the Cake was invited to participate in a top-secret event with Kelly Ripa (!!) and Electrolux, launching a Virtual Cupcake sale to help raise money to fight ovarian cancer.

Kelly Ripa & Electrolux

This thrilled me on many levels: One, it's always great to see cupcakes in the news (and people enjoying the sweet treats); two, I had a chance to hang with Kelly Ripa, who was a complete and total doll; and three, this helps fight ovarian cancer, a deadly invasive disease that robs us of some of the finest women we know. Mothers, sisters, daughters and friends.

Legally, the invite and all information about it was confidential until this afternoon, hence my teaser post last night. And, the reason why Keavy of Kumquat Cupcakery knew about our secret (see the comments here) is that Kumquat Cupcakery provided delicious mini-cupcakes for the event!

Kelly Ripa & Electrolux


The cupcakes were scrumptious, as always. Much love to our friend Kumquat Cupcakery!

Now, let me dish on Kelly Ripa. First of all, I am ashamed to admit I didn't exactly know who she was, as I don't watch TV (except for the news -- CNN and MSNBC -- and TV Food Network) and when I did discover who she is, I was a bit worried that she'd be a diva. (No names here, but I'm looking at you, Ms. Daytime TV Food Goddess on NBC...) I couldn't have been more wrong. Ms. Ripa was genuine, fun, witty and a complete sweetheart. She was a gracious hostess and completely flawless up close. She took the time to chat with me about our mutual love of Anderson Cooper (I'm still holding the torch for you, Andy!), our love of cupcakes, and whether you can eat food off the floor before the "5-second rule."

Kelly Ripa & Electrolux


Also, she's got a cool tattoo on her leg, which I would not have expected:

Kelly Ripa & Electrolux


Here's Nichelle, Kelly, and Rachel (you can't see me because I took the picture!):

Kelly Ripa & Electrolux

And here's Rachel and Nichelle with some yummy Kumquat Cupcakery mini's:

Kelly Ripa & Electrolux

We were fed:

Kelly Ripa & Electrolux

and swag-bagged:

Kelly Ripa & Electrolux

ate more cupcakes:

Kelly Ripa & Electrolux

There's more to come, I'll be blogging about the swag-bag, with more shots of the event (you can see more images here, all photos by Stacie Joy), but I found this neat Cupcake Queen and Kelly Ripa video on the Electrolux website. It doesn't seem to be embeddable, more's the pity, so go here and click on the "Cupcake Queen" video.

On Valentine's Day, you can go to ElectroluxAppliances.com (or go to Kelly's site here), design and send a virtual (calorie-free!) cupcake to a loved one and Electrolux will donate a dollar to the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (OCRF) for every cupcake sent. Yeah!

Oh! And, I'll be giving away the nifty cupcake tee shirt that I received at the event, to a random CTTC reader. More on that to come...

But I'll leave you with one or two last shots of the beautiful Kelly Ripa (wearing a custom piece from designer Azzedine Alaia):

Kelly Ripa & Electrolux

and

Kelly Ripa & Electrolux





Comments

Cakespy said…
Fun! She is so freaking fit and cute! All of you look adorable as usual too!
Anonymous said…
Those mini cupcakes are adorable! Who is the TV Daytime Diva, I'm intrigued.
Sugar Daze said…
OMG, you guys are so lucky! And what a great initiative on Electrolux's part -- I will def. de sending some virtual cupcakes around. A LONG time ago, I lived in the same building as Kelly (and her hubba hubba hubby). Just as you say, she is lovely and down-to-earth and a really kind person. Can you believe how great she looks after, is it?, 3 KIDS?!?
Anonymous said…
VERY cool! Kelly seems genuine and she's prettty funny with Regis :-) That is wonderful that you were invited to take part in such an amazing experience. Now I want to toon in today to see if she makes mention of it on the show. :)
SShuuks said…
I love Kelly Ripa! She seems so sweet and down to earth. I actually take classes at the same studio she takes her fitness class at. I've never seen her, but she looks AMAZING, so I'm going to keep at it. :)
AND She talked about the virtual cupcakes today. I LOVE this idea!
Wendy Joan said…
Excellent!! How fun for all of you! Kudos for keeping a secret... I am not sure I would have been quite that good.
Frost said…
omg that is so cool
Anonymous said…
FCW are everywhere!
Anonymous said…
Everything is lovely.. except that horrible dress.

Her arms are too muscly for her to carry it off. The crinkly look make her boobs looks weird and the neckline is waaay too high.

Poor Kelly, cos she's so cute!
Cindy said…
Glad to hear that Kelly is down to Earth! I thought her dress was absolutely perfect for the occasion and looked like a beautiful cupcake wrapper!