Housing Works cupcakes

This weekend Housing Works Bookstore and Cafe had an excellent sale on vintage paperbacks, 5 for $1. I have a thing for pulps from the '40s, '50s, and '60s, so I was excited to get my hands on some.

My friend Val volunteers there, so we went together to paw through the thousands of available titles. And a stop at the Housing Works Bookstore would not be complete without a visit to the Cafe.

Kat Hand and Andres Torres tempt me here with a cupcake baked by Zoe the baker.

Housing Works Cafe


Look how passionate they are about cupcakes!

Housing Works Cafe


And frosting (labeled"cupcake icing"):

Housing Works Cafe

I'm pretty sure this says, "Cupcake Icing: Don't use too much on each cupcake. Let sit out at room temp til soft before frosting. Frost cupcakes only when completely cool." All good advice.

For more Housing Works cupcake pictures, go here; all photos by Stacie Joy.






Comments