Red velvet cupcake for American Heart Association's Go Red for Women campaign

As part of the American Heart Association's Go Red for Women campaign, they've designated today, Friday, February 6th, National Wear Red Day. More information from their site:

Go Red For Women celebrates the energy, passion and power we have as women to band together to wipe out heart disease and stroke.

Thanks to the participation of millions of people across the country, the color red and the red dress now stand for the ability all women have to improve their heart health and live stronger, longer lives.

Today, our near-term goal is nothing less than a 25% reduction in coronary heart disease and stroke risk by the year 2010.


Chicago's The Bleeding Heart Bakery has fittingly made a special red velvet cupcake as part of this charity campaign, and will donate $1 from the sale of each one to the American Heart Association. photo via Flickr

Comments

Carmela said…
I make red cup-cakes as part of a baking class that I teach in the Twin Cities area. They are always a hit and everyone's favorite. Cupcakes, are hot right now and you picked the perfect one for this day. Wear Red! And take care of your hearts.

Buon appetito,

Carmela
Jeanna said…
Thanks for the link. I miss having a car that can make it to Chicago.
That's the perfect Valentine's Day cupcake. I'd like to see it bleed something warm and gooey.
Great photostream, I'm going to have to link it.
Michele Reed said…
Those look wonderfully delish! Such a great cause too...I'm changing into a RED SHIRT for today!
Michele
LittleRedCottage.etsy.com