
These are adorable and so creative! By Home Schooled Year blogger Eryn on Flickr for her daughter's class pirate party. She writes in her blog post (click through to see the image she's talking about):
The trick with “bunches of cupcakes that make a picture when sitting together” is to plan. You can see that this way, I could pick up the cupcakes individually and know what they needed to be decorated like, without the huge CCC frosting mass. Those shapes on the right are the shapes I used to make the bones and tombstones out of decorator’s chocolates. The pirates have to go through the sand (graham crackers), past Crystal Lagoon (blue decorating sugar), through the graveyard (decorator’s chocolates) and up MOUNT DOOM! (chocolate icing) to get to the treasure. Everything is edible. I picked pretty simple elements so I could get it done in time, but you could go nuts!
Comments