My second to last Batch visit

These are new (to me) spicy apple crisp cupcakes at Batch. Caramel frosting with jelly (not sure which flavor) inside. Caramel frosting was strong, in a good way, and I liked the apple crumble on top and jelly inside. But lemon yuzu lemon remains my favorite!

They close tomorrow at 9 pm - do stop by! Batch will reopen in August in Chelsea (with ice cream!) and further expansion is planned. More from me on Batch soon. Very sad to lose this space. Pichet Ong just told me he thinks the puddings are his best product but cupcakes have been the bestsellers. batchnyc.com

Comments

Anonymous said…
I visited today! I overheard the workers (owner??) say they're staying open a few more days!!! :)
Siobhan said…
I went around 2:30, and they were still baking a lot for a place that's shutting down in hours. Maybe they'll still be open tomorrow?
Anonymous said…
I stopped by last night. I've always wanted to go into Batch but always opt for Butter Lane if I need a fix. I thought it was pretty awful and the temperature threw me off. I do love the case set-up and the overall store, though.

I'll assume since they have a lot left, they will close when they go through all the frozen/cold ones. Agh