Shamrock Shake cupcakes

I never thought I'd see McDonald's and cupcakes combined, but the cupcake world always surprises me! And yes, there will be more St. Patrick's Day cupcake posting this week.



These Shamrock Shake McDonald's-inspired cupcakes are from blogger Pennies on a Platter, who writes:

I’m not going to type out the recipe, since you can see how it should look from the photos and use your favorite cake mix and frosting. (I used the Better Homes & Garden vanilla cake recipe and it turned out a little dry.) Just substitute Shamrock Shake for the milk and add in peppermint extract to your tasting. Add green food coloring to the frosting until you achieve the desired shade.

In order to make the McD’s arches, I melted white almond bark in a ziplock bag in the microwave, then added yellow food coloring. I printed out an image of the golden arches, placed it under wax paper and piped away. After letting them cool, the candy arches popped right off the wax paper, ready to be used on the cupcakes.


via Spork or Foon?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can't help discover Copcakes's universe, and I really enjoy your site !
MArvellous !
Carmela said…
These cupcakes are very cute. I plan on trying something like them for my Irish husband and sons.

Buon appetito,

Carmela