Day 2 of the 100+ Cupcake Baking Challenge: Finished

Well, after 12+ hours of baking on Friday, I woke up early on Saturday to fill, frost, top and package the 120 cupcakes. Yep, it ended up being 120 cupcakes, which was just perfect. I also had a beautiful cake from Deborah Lauren and City Sweets, but I'll have to ask someone for photos of it. I was too busy blowing out the candles and eating to take any pictures!

On to the shots of the filled cupcakes...

Here are the spicy Mexican cakes getting filled with cinnamon cream cheese frosting:

100+ brithday cupcakes!

Many of you asked about the heart- and star-shaped tins. They are from Reynolds! (I can't find a direct link to the Fun Shapes tins though.)




Here are the lime curd-filled white wedding cakes, awaiting frosting, nestled in their cupcake carrier (again, thank you Blondie!!):

100+ birthday cupcakes!




Here are the brandied strawberry-filled vanilla cakes, awaiting their dip in the chocolate ganache:

100+ birthday cupcakes!




Here are the frosted and topped cupcakes:

100+ birthday cupcakes!

The spicy Mexican chocolate cakes (made with cayenne, ancho chili and Mexican vanilla), filled with cream cheese frosting and frosted with cinnamon cream cheese, topped with cute red sugar heart. Yay!




100+ birthday cupcakes!

Here are the carrot cakes. They had pineapple and walnuts added to the carrots and 'gredients, and were frosted with cream cheese frosting and rolled in toasted walnuts.




100+ birthday cupcakes!

The white wedding cakes that had the lime curd filling were frosted with lemon cream cheese frosting. They were eventually rolled in white sugar crystals.




Here are the chocolate ganache dipped, brandied strawberry filled vanilla cakes.

100+ birthday cupcakes!



This shot includes the pomegranate cream cheese frosted cupcakes, which were drippy immediately. I'm wondering if there were a way to firm them up? It was almost 90 degrees at the theater where the party was. *whew* Although the frosting was drippy from the get-go.

100+ birthday cupcakes!


There are more pictures, from the party itself, and I will try to get the people that were there to send me some. I had about 85 people or so, I'm guessing, and between Deborah's cake and my cupcakes everyone seemed well-sugared.

See more images here. Photos by Stacie Joy.

And, thanks once again for all your well-wishes, comments, and emails. I'm overwhelmed and grateful.






Comments

Unknown said…
I'm the baking cups brand manager at Reynolds and I wanted to let you know that the shaped baking cups that you featured are not currently available for purchase. But the ghost-shaped ones will be available at Target stores nationwide during that Halloween season this year. They will be branded Reynolds(R) baked for you(TM).
Stacie Joy said…
Thanks, Amy! I appreciate your cluing us in. (And, I am mad for the star- and heart-shaped tins!)
apparentlyjessy said…
I really enjoyed watching the process of making these cupcakes, and the final results are great, I bet they taste as good as they look! And I hope you have a really great birthday!
Unknown said…
And thanks to you for the ever constant inspiration. There should be some cool cupcake things coming to the market soon and I don't think I would have been able to sell them in without a lot of the excitement that you guys create.

PS I'm working really hard to bring the shapes back seasonally. So I can't promise anything yet, but maybe hearts next February :)
Stacie Joy said…
Amy -- can you email me please at cupcakestakethecake-at-gmail.com?

Stacie