Free champagne and samples at NYC's Butter Lane on Wednesday

I have plans on Wednesday night, but was still excited to see this sign yesterday at one of our favorite bakeries, Butter Lane, telling us that this Wednesday, April 29th from 7:30-9 there will be FREE champagne, free samples and a lesson in cupcake icing! How cool is that? 123 East 7th Street, between 1st and A, NYC (East Village).

Butter Lane tasting sign, 4/29, 7:30-0

I really enjoy their cupcakes, and the fact that they keep adding new frosting flavors. The last time I was there I had key lime frosting and it was SO good. They have a new box of 4 cupcakes for $10 (some of their cupcakes are $2.50, some are $2.75 normally). You can mix and match, and they'll give you a taste of a flavor if you want. Their cupcakes have always been really, really fresh, the vanilla and chocolate cakes light and fluffy (the banana is denser), and their staff are friendly and helpful. I predict many summer days grabbing cupcakes from there and sitting in Tompkins Square Park. The cupcakes are also small enough that a four pack split between two people isn't going to make your stomach feel like it exploded. They don't overfrost, and their flavors are strong enough that a little goes a long way.

Butter Lane cupcakes

Twanna, who pretty much only likes chocolate cupcakes, was a fan of the blueberry, saying: "Even though this one isn't chocolate, I really like this flavor because I LOVE berries -- blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, etc. I really really really like the taste of choc and raspberry blended together."

Next time I want to try their lemon frosting; they were out of mango. I tasted their grapefruit/ginger frosting and it was very gingery - which I'm not a huge fan of. They told us they are working on a red velvet, but since they want to do it naturally, they're still working on it.

Butter Lane cupcakes

My friend Twanna and I got chocolate frosting on vanilla cake, blueberry frosting on vanilla cake, espresso frosting on chocolate cake and key lime frosting on banana cake. It was so hot out that I only tried the espresso and key lime, both of which were fantastic. Their banana cupcake is so moist and delicious, it really doesn't even need frosting.

Butter Lane window

See my full Butter Lane photo set from yesterday here

Comments

Anonymous said…
On the newest edition of Cooking Light Magazine on the very last page is a cupcake recipe for coconut cupcakes with lime/vanilla frosting. I made them last night and all I can say is wow!!
atie said…
Hai.......
laurenamaphone said…
butter lane is by far my favorite NYC cupcakery. This event will be amazing!