Magic Shell Cupcake by Smucker's



Smucker's has some new flavors, including Magic Shell Cupcake, though I couldn't find it on the Smucker's site and haven't checked my local supermarket yet. I think it'd be hilarious to put it on an ice cream cone cupcake!

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reviewed it and wrote:

In our household, liking ice cream is a requirement, not an preference. So, any embellishments are welcome. Smucker's new Magic Shell Cupcake promised to deliver the taste of a vanilla cupcake. And that it did.

As with other Magic Shell offerings, this stuff must be kept warm, because on contact with anything cold, this stuff hardens quickly into a crunchy candy form. And a delicious one at that. The shell faithfully mimics the taste of vanilla cake. But, oh is it sweet! In fact, one family member offered that it might be a bit too sweet.

Shhhh! The sweet tooths in the family quickly spoke up. There's no such thing as too sweet when ice cream is involved. In fact, I found myself pouring this stuff over an empty plate and sticking it in the freezer for a minute. Oooh, sweet heaven!

Comments

Kristin said…
I found some at my supermarket. I posted a pic on twitter - @kgroovy.
the princess said…
how disappointing, they dont have it available to order on the smuckers website! (being overseas, i can't just pop in my local grocery and pick one up) i may have to send my mom on a special trip to the store!
the princess said…
ah, it exists! my mom found it at walmart, of all places in case anyone is looking for it!