Photopost: The 100-Cupcake Baking Challenge of 2009

Pictures of yesterday's work in the 100-Cupcake Baking Challenge of 2009 (never, ever again!):


100+ cupcakes for my birthday

I made the cream cheese frostings first.


100+ cupcakes for my birthday

Four different flavors -- cinnamon, pomegranate, plain and lemon (not in order in the picture).


100+ cupcakes for my birthday

Then I toasted my walnuts for the carrot cake.


100+ cupcakes for my birthday

The carrot cakes. Made with pineapple and walnuts. Mmm...


100+ cupcakes for my birthday

This is probably how they will look when done.


100+ cupcakes for my birthday

The 'gredients for the spicy Mexican chocolate cupcakes. I used SpoonNYC's chocolate cake mix (remember, if you use one of Melissa's yummy house-made mixes, you need to sift it).


100+ cupcakes for my birthday

I baked them in heart-shaped tins!


100+ cupcakes for my birthday

This is how they may look when done (I'm still experimenting with toppings because I didn't like the Red Hots).


100+ cupcakes for my birthday

Then Grady the cat reminded me that he needed cupcakes too!


100+ cupcakes for my birthday

The white cake, ready to be filled with lime curd...


100+ cupcakes for my birthday

The yellow cake, ready to be filled with strawberry filling!


100+ cupcakes for my birthday

These are the chewy chocolate cherry cupcakes, in star-shaped tins. These will not get frosted, but I'll probably hit them with some confectioners sugar.

I'm fast at work now, filling the cupcakes and getting ready to frost them. Several of you wrote in asking why I am doing this -- it's for my birthday party tonight! Yay!!

More posts and photos to come...



All photos by Stacie Joy, view the set here.


Comments

KARI GARCIA said…
you're hired! :)
Greta said…
Looks you did a great job! Congrats on your hard work!
Hope said…
A giant seashell cupcake: http://romantichome.blogspot.com/2009/04/giant-cupcake.html
they look awesome, and they're not even done yet! can't wait to see the finished product!

and happy birthday! you are so sweet for making yummy cupcakes for your guests!
Anne said…
Great Job!!!!!!
Annette said…
Wow, that's amazing! Hope you have a wonderful Birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Lyns said…
Yes YOU are HIRED! Happy Birthday Stace!!
Shell said…
Happy Birthday. Your are a trooper to bake 100 cupcakes for you own party. Oh, Grady is quite cute.
Sugar Daze said…
You rock, girl! LOVE your star and heart tins. Did Grady get to eat some left-overs? Cute kitty!

Happy, happy birthday! Hope it was a great party!
Janette said…
Where did you get those wonderful little heart and star tins?

Congratulations your cupcakes look wonderful.
Elizabeth said…
I can't wait to see the finished product! Would you be willing to post your recipies?-they look so good I'd like to try it at home
Jo said…
Gorgeous! Lovely process pics. And WHERE are the tins from??
KLASSY KAKES said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Your cupcakes look delicious! Have a great party!!!
Stacie Joy said…
Thank you all for the birthday wishes and compliments -- I'm overwhelmed! The birthday party was amazing, and I'll post some shots soon, if I can find some PG-rated ones that is! ;)
Jack O'Sullivan said…
You guys are amazing! Happy Birthday!

Jack O'Sullivan
Bedroom Sets
Vera said…
Happy birthday!