For those about to sneeze, I salute you


This is the first year I've ever experienced tree allergies. For a few miserable days I had no idea what was happening -- just that aliens had taken over my face, sinus cavities, and head and were using jackhammers to mine for gold (or mucus -- eww!). When I found out it was allergies, I suddenly felt a whole lotta empathy for all my friends who had bravely suffered through pollen-filled springs.

This brings me to my sincere admiration for this baker. Can you imagine?? Getting hopped up on allergy meds to brave the lilac bushes solely in order to make vegan (yay!) lilac-topped cupcakes for her best friend? That, my friends, is love.



lilac cupcakes


And are they not stunning?? QuintanaRoo, I salute you.


Comments

Emilie said…
So sorry you've joined the ranks of spring/tree allergy sufferers, Stacie Joy. It's rough, no doubt. I've found that stinging nettle tea helps though...in addition to the other nasty meds that can keep the nose and eyes in check...if only for as long as it takes to make lilac cupcakes!

-emilie (quintanaroo/conscious kitchen)