Heading to Boston for Johnny Cupcakes celebration and more Sweet cupcakes

I'm very excited about taking the bus up to Boston again, to taste the new flavors at Sweet and get to witness (and hopefully record on my new flipcam, fingers crossed that it works) the mayhem that is a Johnny Cupcakes store event.

Via the Johnny Cupcakes blog, here's this handmade KidRobot Munny toy of Johnny (sadly, not for sale):



Store details:



And people have been camping out since yesterday! Via Johnny's Twitter account



And to appease all the customers who get upset when they walk into a Johnny Cupcakes store only to find cupcake-theme clothes, not cupcakes (the horror!), there will be free cupcakes at the event today.

Since I'm talking about Boston, here are a few shots from my first visit to Sweet in April (they've now opened in Harvard Square and I'm hoping to do a Meetup there in July or August, will post when the date is set):











I'm still amazed at these custom cupcakes they made for us, with edible (they were a hard sugar type of thing) logos.

And I never properly blogged that visit (sorry!), but I had a first there: I ate a pupcake! Yes, I, a human being, ate a cupcake meant for dogs. And it was okay. Oatmealy, and not too sweet. Not sure I'd eat one again, but if I had a dog, I'd totally give one to them.


Pupcakes

See my entire Sweet Cupcakes photo set here.

Comments