Mail order s'mores cupcakes from Oh So Sweet Treats



I visit so many sites about cupcakes and do so many searches that I'm not really sure where I came across Oh So Sweet Treats, but I was in a cupcake-buying mood, and their s'mores cupcakes sounded perfect (see other flavors here). So I ordered them. Total for 24 mini cupcakes: $43 ($18 for the cupcakes, $25 for shipping).

I had thought I couldn't get any s'mores cupcakes, one of my favorites, in New York (more on that later). I really liked that they offered mini and regular sizes, because I'm a big fan of minis.

I placed my order Tuesday at 4:06 pm; it arrived Friday morning (sent Thursday overnight mail). My only quibble is that upon ordering, I wasn't sure which day they would arrive, though I got an email the night before saying they'd been sent.

S'mores mail order cupcakes from Oh So Sweet Treats

They arrived in 3 boxes with 8 mini cupcakes each, nestled in tissue paper and styrofoam peanuts. The cupcakes were held intact with little sticks, and 2 boxes looked perfect, one was a little jostled but barely. (See my entire Flickr set with photos of contents of all 3 boxes.)

S'mores mail order cupcakes from Oh So Sweet Treats

I also found this note in the box:

S'mores mail order cupcakes from Oh So Sweet Treats

The cupcakes were delicious, but very, very sweet. I think I used to have a higher tolerance for major sugar rushes than I do now, but again, I'm glad they were minis. The combination of the marshmallow-y frosting and the little Hershey's chocolate was perfect, exactly what I want in a s'mores cupcake. The cake I thought was a little dry and tasteless; it worked when I took a bite with some frosting and helped cut the sugar, but on its own left a little to be desired.

S'mores mail order cupcake from Oh So Sweet Treats

I also like that I got a follow-up email once they were delivered from baker Ebony asking if everything was okay with my order.

I would definitely order these again if I can't find a s'mores cupcake here in New York that I like (more on that later) and while $43 would be pricey from a bakery, for 24 mini cupcakes I think it's a good bargain, especially for mail order cupcakes, which can be very pricey.

And guess what? They are having a contest until TONIGHT at midnight to win free cupcakes! Yum... Go enter it now!

Lastly, they are not just a mail order company. If you're in the Washington DC/Maryland/Virginia area (see their site for precise details), they do events such as cupcake parties.

Oh So Sweet Treats
ohsosweettreats at gmail.com
571-292-2275
Blog
Twitter
Facebook

Comments