Thank you FoodBuzz and DavidBurke Townhouse!!

First off, let me say that there are no cupcakes in this post. Normally, a party without cupcakes disappoints me, but this party was so fantastic and the food so scrumptious that I didn't even mind. Yes, you heard that correctly, I didn't mind that there were no cupcakes.

FoodBuzz, a community of which this blog is a part, held a lovely party for us all at a restaurant that I'd always wanted to try, DavidBurke Townhouse (formerly DavidBurke & Donatella). For years I'd been hearing about the cheesecake lollipops with bubble-gum whipped cream. (You heard that right.) I had seen it on the Food Network, read about it in foodie magazines and blogs, and heard people rave about it. But I never managed to get a dinner date to the famed eatery.

Last night all that changed when I went to the FoodBuzz Bash. The food was overwhelmingly terrific. Scallop ceviche:






A raw bar that made my heart stop beating for a moment:












It was great to see my friends, too, including Nichelle and Brownie (of Blondie and Brownie):






And Zach (from Midtown Lunch) and Blondie (of Blondie and Brownie fame):






Plus, I got to spend some time with the great man himself, David Burke:







His chef de cuisine, upon hearing that I'd been dying for a taste of the famed bubble-gum whipped cream, supplied me with a private taste:








People, it was everything I had heard and more. SO good. I shared my taste with friends, of course, but I thought about hoarding it all for myself. Yes, it was that good. Yum.


The sweets were just as good as the savories. Check out these adorable mini-honey buns with individual ovens!


FoodBuzz Party


Butterscotch pudding:

FoodBuzz Party



And plenty to drink:

FoodBuzz Party



I want to thank FoodBuzz from the bottom of my stomach for the party. Here are the FoodBuzz folks.

Head honcho Doug Collister:

FoodBuzz Party



and "girl Ryan" Ryan Stern:

FoodBuzz Party


You can see the whole party set here; all photos by Stacie Joy.




Comments

Lucy said…
The mini buns and oven are so coool! Adorable - looks like a great party ;)
Allison said…
Oh my god I am so JEALOUS!