Cupcake Meetup, in a rainy Central Park

Oh, it poured, and we all got soaked, but a fun time was had by all (I'm pretty sure). I feel like the MacArthur Park song should be playing in the background while you read this (thanks for that, Brian).



CupcakeMeetup Picnic




It's kinda funny -- the folks got wet, but the cupcakes stayed dry (it's cupcake magic!).



CupcakeMeetup Picnic





CupcakeMeetup Picnic





CupcakeMeetup Picnic




The famed cupcake kebobs:

CupcakeMeetup Picnic


So creative!





I can't recall who made these, but they were a favorite of mine. Very tasty!

CupcakeMeetup Picnic





I love watching people present their cupcakes. I know when I bring mine to a gathering, I am part proud (it's a lot of work), part apprehensive/nervous (what if cupcake-knowledgeable people/bakers/pros eat them and don't like them and/or can tell that I made a mistake, like the time I mistook baking powder for baking soda), and part excited to see people eat them/hear them enjoy them.



CupcakeMeetup Picnic




CupcakeMeetup Picnic






CupcakeMeetup Picnic





I'm always happy to see friends at cupcake events, especially Nichelle, our NYC Cupcake MeetUp coordinator.


CupcakeMeetup Picnic


Nichelle knows how to throw a party, no matter what the circumstances.




And CTTC contributor/columnist Mary Ann Porch:

CupcakeMeetup Picnic





Gloria!


CupcakeMeetup Picnic






Richard:


CupcakeMeetup Picnic



And Cupcakes Take the Cake creator and coblogger/editor, Rachel:


CupcakeMeetup Picnic


Love the tee shirt.








I also made lots of new friends, which always makes me happy.


I think this woman's name is Nora (but I could be wrong, and embarrassed), she made the cupcake kabobs (which I have taken to calling Kupcake Kabobs, and hence, Nora, as the Kupcake Kabob Kreator).


CupcakeMeetup Picnic




This lucky lady won the Martha Stewart Cupcakes cookbook!


CupcakeMeetup Picnic


I have to say, Nichelle threw out some majorly tough questions in order to win this book. Good job!






CupcakeMeetup Picnic




CupcakeMeetup Picnic



CupcakeMeetup Picnic




CupcakeMeetup Picnic




Wonder what a rainy cupcake picnic looks like after the cupcakes have been consumed?


CupcakeMeetup Picnic



Some standouts in my mind: The Kupcake Kebabs (for Kreativity), the mini red velvets with green frosting -- so yummy, and the chocolate zucchini cupcakes by Dave (not sweet, just right).


Thanks to all the people who brought cupcakes to share and taste, the bakeries whose cupcakes we snarfed. And thanks to Nichelle for organizing such a great event!





See the rest of the images here; all creative commons-licensed by Stacie Joy.



:)

Comments

Kati Angelini said…
Thanks for sharing all the great photos from the cupcake meetup-it was the next best thing to being there! Hope to be at the next one!!
scrappysue said…
man - what a fun idea!
Oppurtunities said…
Thanks for sharing!!
Looks wonderful.
Victoria said…
This looks like so much fun! I love your blog, all the different cupcakes are amazing!xx

http://lilyloveslola.blogspot.com/
Thanks for sharing! My friend Celine and I (the one that won the book) had so much fun at the picnic!

Thanks for all the wonderful pictures! Thanks for posting up my cupcakes. I'm actually the one that made the mini red velvet cupcakes with mint color frosting and purple flowers, holding the same one with the book =). Thank you all so much for the wonderful time and delicious cupcakes!
dkan71 said…
I'm amazed that so many cupcake lovers are so thin! Also, I'm jealous that I live in Phoenix, AZ and there are no Central Park cupcake meetups here.