Cupcake video interview with sugar Sweet sunshine owners

sugar Sweet sunshine cupcake prettiness

One of the main inspirations for my starting this blog way back in late 2004, aside from our friend Clare Crespo's book Hey There, Cupcake!, is the Lower East Side bakery sugar Sweet sunshine. I hadn't done a formal interview with owners Peg and Deb since this one for Gothamist in 2005, so I took my flipcam over there on Saturday and talked to them while they frosted cupcakes. They gave me the early scoop that they will be selling their cupcakes in the Union Square holiday market from late October until Christmas.

Also, they're not on the menu but you can special order mini cupcakes in bulk ($1 each) and special flavors like peppermint. Call or go to the bakery for more information.

Here's what they had to say:



sugar Sweet sunshine
126 Rivington Street
New York, NY 10002
212-995-1960
info at sugarsweetsunshine.com

Comments