
photo via Wee Love Baking on Flickr
Sharon of Wee Love Baking in Sydney posted about her recent cupcake decorating workshop:
Yesterday, I ran my very first cupcake decorating workshop with Brian, my very first student! Brian contacted me because he wanted to learn how to decorate cupcakes for his fiance Renee. How sweet is that? Every girl I tell this to always gushes about how sweet it is that he would go to so much effort to do this for his fiance!
It was such a great session! I like the feeling of showing someone how to do something and see them succeed so well :) Brian did his research well and came armed with some photos and ideas of what Renee would like. He knew he wanted the cupcakes to be decorated with pastel colours and lots of cute food and bunnies. So after working with him to come up with a general theme and design, we got to work!
For someone who has had no idea about rolled icing, he had very steady hands and handled it really well. He was a quick learner and also had a note pad to take down notes! I was impressed and flattered that something I said could be worthy of notes... hehehe.
Comments