Peanut butter frosting lover defends her peanut butter passion

Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting

Kimberly of Foodie Stuffs posted this photo of cupcakes she made, which of course look delicious to this peanut butter fiend. But what I loved the most about her post is that she was so ardent in her love for peanut butter. The Chocolate Peanut Butter Gallery would love her too! Kimberly, thanks for sharing, and know that there's another "there can never be too much peanut butter" person out there in the world (probably many more).

I really thought that cupcakes were on the way out, popularity-wise, having maxed out in the last few years. Oh, but no. I can't turn around without reading about some cutesy new cupcake bakery, cupcake cookbook, or cupcake recipe contest.

I decided to become part of the problem. I made my usual dark chocolate cupcake recipe but with a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup baked inside, then topped that with peanut butter buttercream frosting and another Reese's Cup. The FDA & CDC will probably shut my kitchen down for putting that much peanut butter in anything during this time of crisis. Honestly, I wish I had put more peanut butter in the frosting, so deal with that!

Comments