Spotlight on Flickr user midnitecakefactory

Today's Spotlight is on Flickr user midnitecakefactory, who you can read more about here. Her cupcakes and cakes aren't available commercially just yet, but they are gorgeous. Captions by midnitecakefactory.

NBA pull apart cupcakes
6 lemon poppyseed cupcakes, and 6 vanilla. They are covered in buttercream and then airbrushed with the NBA logo. NBA is made out of fondant cut out letters.


The groom coaches football, the bride coaches girls water polo.
Wilton Giant Cupcake Pan, with fondant covered marble cake. The paper is taped at the bottom edge only, for easy cutting access for pictures.


Baby shower theme - All the ladybugs have a pink head band. White chips were vanilla cake.

"Hello Cupcake" did not show this step
This one was titled: "Hello Cupcake" did not show this step. (I, Rachel, think it looks pretty cool, like it makes you wonder, what happened here?)


Spiderman pull apart cupcake cake - her first


And Spiderman cupcakes! Chocolate cupcakes with Toba Garrett's butter cream


Birthday cupcake for her son's birthday. (I like that it's a simple vanilla cupcake, but the photo is still striking, between the colored sprinkles and all the candles in one cupcake.)

Comments

Sara said…
I love those ladybugs! Gorgeous!

I have the "Hello Cupcake" book, too, but haven't tried any of the creations yet. I'm wondering if I should. They made those sharks look so simple, but as I have realized the hard way, nothing is as easy as it looks. :) I can totally empathize.
HI Sara,
After I posted the 'melting shark' photo, I had someone else comment that they had tried the penquins from the Hello Cupcake book, and she commented that "Following their directions my penquins turned out to be Black Blobs." The photo's are darling, the directions look easy enough, but the execution well you see what happened to me. smile.