York Peppermint Patty mint-filled brownie cupcakes

Mint Filled Brownie Cupcakes

Blogger The Busty Baker made these amazing-looking cupcakes (two flavors that will always make my mouth water: s'mores and mint chocolate!) and writes:

I decided on Tuesday to celebrate a belated Father’s Day, but I didn’t have the energy to put into making and icing cutouts again, so I had to think of another recipe that my dad would love. During my dozen or so reads through the Martha Stewart Cupcake book, I had marked to try the Mint-Filled Brownie Cupcakes. This sounded like the perfect treat for my dad. He always has York Peppermint Patties stashed, and he can devour an entire pan of brownies in a day. Plus, it’s the perfect excuse to break in my Martha book!

The recipe is totally 1 bowl-simple. I melted my chocolate and butter in the microwave to make it even easier. Mix all your other ingredients in the same bowl, fill the cupcake liners halfway, plop a York Peppermint Patty on top, and fill about 2/3 full. Bake for 35 minutes, and Ta-Da! Greatness! I’m sure these would be wonderful just plain, but I wanted to take the minty goodness even further, so I topped my cupcakes with a thin layer of mint frosting, and drizzled a chocolate glaze over top. They were so good. Very fudgy and minty and delicious. Definitely a brownie to eat with a tall glass of milk to wash down the fudginess.


via Food Photo Blog

Mint Filled Brownie Cupcakes

As if that weren't enough, she has a whole bunch of other cupcake posts, including cupcake pops and chocolate raspberry cupcakes, all with recipes, and is an Iron Cupcake participant.

Comments

Rhiannon Bosse said…
these look extremely tasty!! yummy!