Beautifully designed rich chocolate almond cupcakes

Rich Chocolate Almond Cupcakes

This is a:

Dark Chocolate Cupcake with Almond Meal mixed into the batter for a nutty delicious texture. Topped with Almond Marzipan and a Rich Chocolate Almond Buttercream Frosting.

by blogger Cookies and Candids (click for recipe) via Flickr

She writes:

I had lunch with the VegNews staff, and I made them White Chocolate Champagne Cupcakes and these Rich Chocolate Almond Cupcakes. I know bringing two kinds of decadent and fancy flavored desserts was a little excessive, but I get so much pleasure from the process of baking and creating art through food, and I enjoy watching others get pleasure out of eating my creations, that really it was quite self-serving to bring them both sets of cupcakes. And I ate quite a lot of them myself throughout the process. On Friday I was jittery the whole day from so much sugar, and of course I decided to make ice cream to take to a friend’s house for dinner, so with all that added sweetness I was downright hyper and even shaky – and I realized that I’m going to have to figure out a way to limit my own dessert consumption from now on (or maybe my body decided for me, by getting sick on Saturday night??). But, I sure do love baking. And imagining beautiful cupcakes!

This one was quite a feat for the taste buds. It has a moist and fluffy Chocolate Almond Cake base, flecked with almond meal that gives the airy cake just a little bit of extra texture, then covered with a thin layer of Almond Marzipan, and finally topped with a heavy swirl of Chocolate Buttercream Frosting. And, I couldn’t resist plopping a Dark Chocolate Decoration into the top of each swirl, for extra flair. So simply put, I present to you perhaps the most rich and decadent cupcake I have made yet. I hope you find a real chocolate lover, and that they enjoy this recipe to the max!

Comments

They must have loved you for bringing 2 different types of cupcakes! These look delish--thanks for sharing.

Elizabeth
Mystery Lovers’ Kitchen
Tessa said…
Thanks for posting my cupcakes Rachel! I enjoy being showcased on your blog anytime! What an honor!

http://thatsonetoughcookie.wordpress.com/