Though recent appearances on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon and at the Pitchfork Fest in Chicago have been fun, we are bonkers with excitement about this upcoming event. Save the date of Wednesday, August 12. It’ll be our first-ever themed night of world records. And the theme? Fooooooood!
“Food records” doesn’t necessarily mean shoving hot dogs down your throat. Past records we’ve documented include Tallest Carrot Cake, Most Names Written On A Dry Piece Of Spaghetti and Fastest Time To Open A Can Of Alphabet Soup And Spell ‘PANTYHOSE’.
* Longest Cupcake Kebab - Nichelle Stephens and Rachel Kramer Bussel of Cupcakes Take The Cake and Nora Vetter of Nibbles by Nora
* Most Crustless PB&J Sandwiches Made By 10 People In 1 Minute - Hilary Hodge & Friends
* Most Crustless PB&J Sandwiches Eaten By 1 Person In 10 Minutes - Jake Bronstein
* Most Cherries Pitted In One Minute - Harry Rosenblum of The Brooklyn Kitchen
* Tallest S’more - Clint Cantwell of Smoke In Da Eye
* Most Tortillas Frisbeed In 30 Seconds - Alexandra Young
* Fewest Times Eating Out In New York City In Two Years By A Full-time New York City Resident - Cathy Erway
* Fastest Consumption Of 15 Blueberries By A One-Year Old - Julia Nissan
* Longest Connection Of Individual Straws To Drink A Coca-Cola - Phil Covitz
Special guests From Bacteria To Boys featuring the legendary Mike Pride will be our house band, rocking Crash Mansion the entire night.
Cost of event is $5, free if you’re unemployed. Advance tickets are highly recommended, and can be purchased here.
Date: Wednesday, August 12
Time: 8:00pm - 11:00pm
Location: Crash Mansion, 199 Bowery (@ Spring), NYC